Golden Retriever dog for sale Near Me
Golden Retriever dog for sale. Hello, my name is Sonny. Let’s go play in the park! It’ll be a lot of fun! I apologize for failing to introduce myself. I enjoy playing. When we’re tired, we can nap and play together during the day. I just got back from the vet, where they made sure I was all set to leave. Get on board, and we’ll have a great time! Because I’ll be new in town, all I need is someone I can rely on to show me the ropes. Will you be my guide and coach me?
More on Golden Retriever dog for sale Near Me
Golden Retrievers are a popular and beloved breed known for their friendly and gentle nature. Here’s some information about Golden Retrievers:
- Size: Golden Retrievers are medium to large-sized dogs. Adult males typically stand between 23 to 24 inches (58 to 61 centimeters) at the shoulder and weigh between 65 to 75 pounds (29 to 34 kilograms). Adult females are slightly smaller, standing between 21.5 to 22.5 inches (55 to 57 centimeters) and weighing between 55 to 65 pounds (25 to 29 kilograms).
- Coat: Golden Retrievers have a dense, water-resistant double coat that comes in various shades of gold. Their coat is typically straight or wavy and requires regular grooming to keep it clean and free of mats. They are moderate shedders and tend to have heavier shedding periods during seasonal transitions.
Temperament, Exercise & health
- Exercise and Training: Golden Retrievers are an active breed with moderate to high exercise needs. They require daily physical exercise, such as walks, runs, or playtime in a securely fenced area. Mental stimulation through training, puzzle toys, and interactive games is also important to keep them mentally engaged. Golden Retrievers are highly trainable and excel in obedience, agility, and other canine sports.
- Health: Golden Retrievers are generally healthy dogs, but they can be prone to certain health issues, including hip and elbow dysplasia, certain types of cancer, and heart conditions. Regular veterinary check-ups, a balanced diet, exercise, and maintaining a healthy weight are important for their overall health and longevity. Responsible breeding practices and health screenings can help reduce the risk of hereditary diseases.
- Lifespan: Golden Retrievers have an average lifespan of around 10 to 12 years, although with proper care, some can live longer.